This Cookies Policy explains what cookies are and what type of cookies we use, when you visit our getwhip or the information we collect using cookies and how that information is used. By using our website or application, you are agreeing to the provisions set out in this Cookies Policy.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a web page or application, containing some information connected with your usage of this website or application. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that cookie, to develop a record of your online activity.
- for statistical purposes through analysis of aggregate data on traffic and manner of use of our websites;
- we create statistics that help us understand how you access our website, which allows us to improve the structure of our website and its content and thus improve your experience;
- creating a profile for you in order to display matching materials in regard to advertising networks, such as the Google Display Network;
- to run statistics on traffic to reliably conduct settlements with advertising partners;
- to remember your settings between browsing sessions and customize the website to better suit your needs and preferences, such as selecting the display language or currency;
- for marketing purposes, also on the basis of automated processing containing profiling elements, in particular, for adaptation of our websites, offers and advertising to your interests.
What cookies do we use?
To achieve the above-mentioned goals, our website uses two basic types of cookies, mainly ‘session cookies’ and ‘persistent cookies’.
- ‘Session cookies’are temporary cookies that are used to remember you during the course of your visit to our website, and they expire when you close the web browser.
- ‘Persistent cookies’ are stored in your browser for a longer period of time – even after you close your browser or restart your computer – as specified in the parameters of the cookie or until you remove the cookie.
How to control and delete cookies?
There are number ways to manage cookies. You can set your consent or if you wish you can control or delete the placing of cookies on your computer. If you delete the cookies, any settings and preferences controlled by those cookies will be deleted and will need to be re-created when you visit our website subsequently. We have explained how you can exercise this right below: How to control and delete cookies?
- Consent Tool
- Using Your Browser
Most browsers allow you to change your cookies settings. Many of the cookies used on our website and through emails can be enabled or disabled through our consent tool or by disabling the cookies through your browser. However, if you set your browser to block essential cookies, some parts of our website will not then work. Please note that disabling a cookie or category of cookies does not delete the cookie from your browser, unless manually completed through your browser function. In order to understand those settings, the following links may be helpful, otherwise you should use the ‘Help’ option in your browser for more details:
- Cookie settings in Chrome;
- Cookie settings in Firefox;
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer;
- Cookie settings in Safari.
How we may update this Cookies Policy?
We will regularly review this Cookies Policy and reserve the right to modify it at any time in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. If we make any material changes in the way we collect, use, and/or share information held in cookies, we will notify you by posting notice of the changes on our website. Any changes and clarifications will take effect immediately on the date on which we post the modified terms on our website: getwhip.com.au.